Monday, March 10, 2008

My Grandpa - Cecil Wescott

This is a picture of my Grandpa. His name was Cecil. Grandpa died 6 years ago March 1 and I have missed him everyday of those 6 years. In this picture Grandpa is sitting in his chair with an afghan that Grandma made for him. Grandma's chair is on the other side with an afghan on it too. I just wanted to share a few of my memories that I have with Grandpa and his chair.

The back of Grandpa's chair faced the doorway to the kitchen. When I was a little girl I used to come up behing Grandpa and run my hand acrossed his crew cut. He'd always say, "your going to mess up my curls" and I'd giggle and ask, "what curls?," and then Grandpa would say, "those curls up there, my hair is so long it's starting to curl. I need to get a haircut."

I can remember as a little girl sitting on Grandpa's lap in his chair and listening to him tell me stories or explain gardening or poetry to me. He had a little green book with poems in it and he would read some to me and explain the beauty in the words. We would watch The Lawrence Welk Show, which I would have never dreamed of watching any other time, but with Grandpa I loved it. He would talk about how beautiful the people's voices were and how talented they were. Sometimes he would even move the coffee table out of the middle of the living room and we would dance the Polka.

I can remember being about 3 or 4 years old and going through one of those annoying stages in my life. I was sitting on his lap in his chair and everything he'd say I'd ask "Why?". He didn't get mad at me he just played along. I remember giggling and now as an adult I'm sure he was annoyed, but he played along with me anyway.

I don't know if Grandpa remembered these little things we did in his chair, but to me these special moments in that chair will be forever embedded in my heart and some of the fondest memories I will ever have of Grandpa. I love you Grandpa and miss you so very much!

Sherry

No comments:

My DIL made this up using the pictures of my 5 oldest boys. So funny!

Personalize funny videos and birthday eCards at JibJab!

All 8 of my kids

All 8 of my kids

My 6 Grandkids

My 6 Grandkids

Me, Earl, My daughter-in-laws, son-in-law, kids & grandkids

Me, Earl, My daughter-in-laws, son-in-law, kids & grandkids

The Whole Family

Use This Calculator and the Math Problem to Find Your Birthday

Calculator Code





This free script provided by
JavaScript Kit

Birthday Calculator............................................................ You can try this trick on the calculator, but it will also work with a pen and paper......... (With this calculator, you have to hit the equal (=) sign after each operation.)................................... Enter the number of the month of the birthday.......... Multiply that number by 5............ Add 6............ Multiply by 4........... Add 9............ Multiply by 5......... Add the number of the day of the birthday.............. Subtract 165......... The result will show the first one or two numbers as the month and the last two numbers is the day of their birthday.

On what day of the week were you born?

Enter your birthday

(then hit the "Update" button):

Numeric Month (1-12):

Day of Month (1-31):

Year (eg. 1960):

Date of Birth:

Day of Week:

This free script provided by
JavaScript Kit

PARTY PUZZLE

Click to Mix and Solve

Well, here I am - this is me, Sherry

Well, here I am - this is me, Sherry

Valentines Swap- video made by Graham Neale from Kirkcaldy, Scotland

In Your Eyes-- Only Sadness by Abby Kaplan

Swaps for 2008

2008 swaps updated

2008 Swaps cont...., Things I Participated In and Awards

Photobucket

Let's Give Each Other a Make Over! Click on Me & I'll Take you There!

Blog Archive

Labels

My spirit is craving to take me here - a quiet tranquil place!

My spirit is craving to take me here - a quiet tranquil place!
I would love to get away and just find me. Find my artistic side and just be able to let my spirit go!

Personality Test

You Are 9: The Peacemaker
You are emotionally stable and willing to find common ground with others. Your friends and family often look to you to be the mediator when there is conflict. You are easy going and accepting. You take things as they come. Avoiding conflict at all costs, you're content when things are calm. At Your Best: You feel connected, trusting, and fulfilled. You feel at peace with your place in the world. At Your Worst: You compromise your values to make sure peace is maintained. You give in to bullies. Your Fixation: Harmony Your Primary Fear: Causing conflict Your Primary Desire: To preserve things as they are Other Number 9's: Marge Simpson, Ronald Reagan, Audrey Hepburn, Jerry Seinfeld, and Abraham Lincoln.