Thursday, June 26, 2008

Pictures of my Swaps, my Day and SCHOOLS OUT FOR SUMMER!!

Twyla received her package from me yesterday for the Parasol and Paper Swap.
Here's what I sent her. Cards, tags, fabric squares, charm, laminated parasol girl pictures with crocheted edges that can be used as little ornaments, parasol stationary set and a package of paper parasols. The pictures on Twyla's blog are much better than mine though if you want a better view.
I also sent her a hanging glove that I made.
Tina was the host and my swap partner for the Vintage Cowgirl Swap. Tina is on vacation in Arizona for 2 weeks so she will have a package waiting for her when she gets home. I hope she likes it!! I made her a bag and it is lined with brown flannel and has another jean pocket on the inside. You can't see it but I machine quilted around every cowboy boot on the fabric. I think it turned out pretty cute!

I crocheted around two laminated cowgirl pictures making little ornaments out of them. I also sent her some of my version of homemade "Emeril's Baby Bam" I added cayenne pepper, rosemary and some extra garlic. It is in the bottle that the cayenne came in but I sent Tina the recipe that I used. I hope she likes it!

This is what I sent to my 3 swap partners and Emily for hosting the Itty Bitty Swap. I don't think they've received them yet, but I hope when they do when they enjoy there little treasures!I made some little tiny yo-yo's and crocheted flowers. Each of the tins has a crocheted flower attached to the top. Then there is a bunch of other found treasures.

Okay, that's enough of that. I did a ton of dishes yesterday, some laundry, made a new batch of laundry soap and I weeded my little garden yesterday. I finally have some rose moss coming up. I planted a few plants of it a couple of years ago and boy, oh boy, did it ever take off! My Grandpa used to plant rose moss every year. He actually used to mix the pollen?? whatever you mix together to make your own unique version of the plant. He was such a wonderful man and fantastic Gardener. I love to plant some of the things that Grandpa used to plant.

I also made some more yo-yo's and crocheted some stuff. I had a pretty productive day! I tend to do more crafts than housework and I am determined to try to equal it out. My poor house has become pretty neglected and overwhelmed with craft stuff.

I also took Jace outside last night and he played with the Bubble Machine. My daughter brought Anthony out too. The boys had fun playing with the bubbles! Then after the kids finally went to bed Jace and I laid in bed and played Kiss, Kiss, Tickle, Tickle. He loves to play that and I do to I get to give him tons of kisses and here him crack up laughing. I had a really nice day!

School's Out For Summer!!

Ezie and Mallory are finally going to be out of school today! They have a half a day today and then they're done for a couple months. Actually, Mallory is probably going to go to summer school because SHE wants to prepare herself for third grade. She is already testing at a high 7th grader in reading. I'm so proud of her!! Ezie needs the summer to relax, he says. He's not nearly as motivated as Mallory is, but he does very well in school too. Lexie got out of school on the 16th so she's already been enjoying her break and quite honestly I've enjoyed her being home to take care of Anthony. It gives me a little bit of a break. The kids started going to The Boys and Girls Club in the evenings so they can get out of the house and play with some of their school friends. They went to wood shop last night and loved it!!

Well, hopefully I have another productive day today!! I'm sure going to try! I hope all of you have a wonderful day today too!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! I adore those little parasol girl cards and the little yarn yoyo!!!!!! Could we do a trade for something I make? All of your goodies are just beautiful and I remember reading that you were having insecurities about your swap items! What the heck?????Melinda

My DIL made this up using the pictures of my 5 oldest boys. So funny!

Personalize funny videos and birthday eCards at JibJab!

All 8 of my kids

All 8 of my kids

My 6 Grandkids

My 6 Grandkids

Me, Earl, My daughter-in-laws, son-in-law, kids & grandkids

Me, Earl, My daughter-in-laws, son-in-law, kids & grandkids

The Whole Family

Use This Calculator and the Math Problem to Find Your Birthday

Calculator Code





This free script provided by
JavaScript Kit

Birthday Calculator............................................................ You can try this trick on the calculator, but it will also work with a pen and paper......... (With this calculator, you have to hit the equal (=) sign after each operation.)................................... Enter the number of the month of the birthday.......... Multiply that number by 5............ Add 6............ Multiply by 4........... Add 9............ Multiply by 5......... Add the number of the day of the birthday.............. Subtract 165......... The result will show the first one or two numbers as the month and the last two numbers is the day of their birthday.

On what day of the week were you born?

Enter your birthday

(then hit the "Update" button):

Numeric Month (1-12):

Day of Month (1-31):

Year (eg. 1960):

Date of Birth:

Day of Week:

This free script provided by
JavaScript Kit

PARTY PUZZLE

Click to Mix and Solve

Well, here I am - this is me, Sherry

Well, here I am - this is me, Sherry

Valentines Swap- video made by Graham Neale from Kirkcaldy, Scotland

In Your Eyes-- Only Sadness by Abby Kaplan

Swaps for 2008

2008 swaps updated

2008 Swaps cont...., Things I Participated In and Awards

Photobucket

Let's Give Each Other a Make Over! Click on Me & I'll Take you There!

Blog Archive

Labels

My spirit is craving to take me here - a quiet tranquil place!

My spirit is craving to take me here - a quiet tranquil place!
I would love to get away and just find me. Find my artistic side and just be able to let my spirit go!

Personality Test

You Are 9: The Peacemaker
You are emotionally stable and willing to find common ground with others. Your friends and family often look to you to be the mediator when there is conflict. You are easy going and accepting. You take things as they come. Avoiding conflict at all costs, you're content when things are calm. At Your Best: You feel connected, trusting, and fulfilled. You feel at peace with your place in the world. At Your Worst: You compromise your values to make sure peace is maintained. You give in to bullies. Your Fixation: Harmony Your Primary Fear: Causing conflict Your Primary Desire: To preserve things as they are Other Number 9's: Marge Simpson, Ronald Reagan, Audrey Hepburn, Jerry Seinfeld, and Abraham Lincoln.