Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Mermaid Swap -- We were both late on this one!

Yesterday I received my swap item from Lisa of Faerie Enchantment. We were both running very late on this one. Lisa has a new book out and has been really busy, and well, you all already know how I am.
Here is a picture of the bottom of the Crown that Lisa made for me. I love this picture!

Here is the top part of the crown. I love the mermaid holding a parasol! Here is the whole crown. So beautiful and creative! Thank you so much Lisa! I love your artwork and am so glad we got to swap!!

Here's a sneak peak of what I am sending Lisa.
It is different but I think it turned out pretty nice. I hope she likes it!!




Well, here's a little update on my family. Yesterday, Mallory started summer school and of course, she loves it! We went to pick her up and the school has a free lunch program for kids under 18 so Ezie and Jace got to sit down and eat a hot lunch with Mallory. They have the same program down the street but there's is a gross sandwich, an almost rotten piece of fruit, warm milk, etc... What a difference in where you go. I'm going to pick Mallory up every day so the boys get out and they can have a nice lunch too!

Jace had to go to the Dr.'s on a follow up for his weight. He gained a little more than a half a pound and so the Dr. decided he is just going to be a little guy. I could of told her that myself, but oh well!

Then home for a nap and then I took Mallory to the library for the opening day of their summer reading program. They were having a book sale where you could buy a bag of books for $5.00. I think we picked out about 20-25 books. What a bargain!! I collect Little Golden Books and so I found some of the ones that I had been looking for. I love the pictures in the older books! A couple of the books I got just for the pictures so I can use them on tags and stuff.

After that we came home and I sat outside with Jace while the other kids took off to play with their friends and then Lexie and Anthony joined us and we went to the towns All Star Baseball game for the 11-12 year old boys. Wow! What a difference a few years makes in how the boys play. They are so much faster and hit the ball so much harder than the 8-9 year olds. Our team lost but it was still fun to go and watch!

Well, I'm off for another day of little adventures with the kids and summer activities. Have a good one!
What is everyone else doing today??

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

better late than never. the crown looks awesome. it looks like you have lots of people for your wizard of oz swap. how fun! i would have signed up i just wouldn't know what to do as i own and know of nothing wizard of oz related, lol. i'm excited to see the results though!

jenny

Unknown said...

We just returned home from a day at the park with our homeschooling friends. The kids found a wooded area they have never explored and the moms talked about everything from home births to vaccines to the right type of dog for your family. It was great. I love hanging out with like minded moms.
It sounds like you had a perfect day ~ spending time with your kiddos.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Thanks for dropping by our blog and reading my post. I'm glad you weren't bored! After reading yours, I don't know when you ever have time to craft! You are one busy lady! Twyla

My DIL made this up using the pictures of my 5 oldest boys. So funny!

Personalize funny videos and birthday eCards at JibJab!

All 8 of my kids

All 8 of my kids

My 6 Grandkids

My 6 Grandkids

Me, Earl, My daughter-in-laws, son-in-law, kids & grandkids

Me, Earl, My daughter-in-laws, son-in-law, kids & grandkids

The Whole Family

Use This Calculator and the Math Problem to Find Your Birthday

Calculator Code





This free script provided by
JavaScript Kit

Birthday Calculator............................................................ You can try this trick on the calculator, but it will also work with a pen and paper......... (With this calculator, you have to hit the equal (=) sign after each operation.)................................... Enter the number of the month of the birthday.......... Multiply that number by 5............ Add 6............ Multiply by 4........... Add 9............ Multiply by 5......... Add the number of the day of the birthday.............. Subtract 165......... The result will show the first one or two numbers as the month and the last two numbers is the day of their birthday.

On what day of the week were you born?

Enter your birthday

(then hit the "Update" button):

Numeric Month (1-12):

Day of Month (1-31):

Year (eg. 1960):

Date of Birth:

Day of Week:

This free script provided by
JavaScript Kit

PARTY PUZZLE

Click to Mix and Solve

Well, here I am - this is me, Sherry

Well, here I am - this is me, Sherry

Valentines Swap- video made by Graham Neale from Kirkcaldy, Scotland

In Your Eyes-- Only Sadness by Abby Kaplan

Swaps for 2008

2008 swaps updated

2008 Swaps cont...., Things I Participated In and Awards

Photobucket

Let's Give Each Other a Make Over! Click on Me & I'll Take you There!

Blog Archive

Labels

My spirit is craving to take me here - a quiet tranquil place!

My spirit is craving to take me here - a quiet tranquil place!
I would love to get away and just find me. Find my artistic side and just be able to let my spirit go!

Personality Test

You Are 9: The Peacemaker
You are emotionally stable and willing to find common ground with others. Your friends and family often look to you to be the mediator when there is conflict. You are easy going and accepting. You take things as they come. Avoiding conflict at all costs, you're content when things are calm. At Your Best: You feel connected, trusting, and fulfilled. You feel at peace with your place in the world. At Your Worst: You compromise your values to make sure peace is maintained. You give in to bullies. Your Fixation: Harmony Your Primary Fear: Causing conflict Your Primary Desire: To preserve things as they are Other Number 9's: Marge Simpson, Ronald Reagan, Audrey Hepburn, Jerry Seinfeld, and Abraham Lincoln.