Friday, August 15, 2008

My Third Paper Bag Scrapbook

I was going to give the last scrapbook to a friend, but my daughter thought this one was better. So this is the one I'm giving away and the one with the ladies on it is in my Etsy Shop.

I used scraps and sewed them together in strips to make the cover.
This is some of my corally colored handmade paper. I love the color. It has a little bit of veining on it where I had placed a leaf for texture.
More handmade paper and pockets added.My handmade paper with Anise in it and birdie pictures.
Sheet music paper sewn onto fabric with sweet little birdies singing.
Handmade paper and a polka dot pocket.
I made this paper with little strands of yarn in it to add some color.
The final page with purple handmade paper and a brownish pocket and trim.
The back cover is more scraps stitched together.
I think this was a fun way to use up my scraps!
Okay, I have one more set of bags distressed for another aged looking scrapbook and then I have to get started on the bags that my mom and sister ordered from me, the crocheted blanket that has been ordered and more swaps. I suppose I really need to get a move on it! Right Mom?!?!?! I'm having so much fun doing these little scrapbooks though that I don't want to quit! The kids are making some right now. They are having fun picking out paper from Mom's pretty paper stash. I hate giving up my paper, I'm a hoarder when it comes to paper!

6 comments:

silverpebble said...

Very sweet little book - I'm off to take a look at your shop.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Another really lovely album! Have a great weekend! Twyla

Lisa'sLettersandLace said...

This is so great. I have a special love for minibooks. My 4yr old saw this and said "I want an egg book". We have robins who have had 2 or 3 netfulls this year. Lisa

Angela Harris said...

Way cool! can't wait to see what you do for the distressed atcs in club creative.

Anonymous said...

Oooo I love that scrapbook! Very cute and it almost makes me want to make my own paper too... but I am a bit challenged by messy projects right now cuz I don't want to clean up afterwards. Maybe while my husband is out of town so he can't see it.... :)

Candy Bello said...

amazing book! wow, and with handmade paper? super sweet!

:)
candy

My DIL made this up using the pictures of my 5 oldest boys. So funny!

Personalize funny videos and birthday eCards at JibJab!

All 8 of my kids

All 8 of my kids

My 6 Grandkids

My 6 Grandkids

Me, Earl, My daughter-in-laws, son-in-law, kids & grandkids

Me, Earl, My daughter-in-laws, son-in-law, kids & grandkids

The Whole Family

Use This Calculator and the Math Problem to Find Your Birthday

Calculator Code





This free script provided by
JavaScript Kit

Birthday Calculator............................................................ You can try this trick on the calculator, but it will also work with a pen and paper......... (With this calculator, you have to hit the equal (=) sign after each operation.)................................... Enter the number of the month of the birthday.......... Multiply that number by 5............ Add 6............ Multiply by 4........... Add 9............ Multiply by 5......... Add the number of the day of the birthday.............. Subtract 165......... The result will show the first one or two numbers as the month and the last two numbers is the day of their birthday.

On what day of the week were you born?

Enter your birthday

(then hit the "Update" button):

Numeric Month (1-12):

Day of Month (1-31):

Year (eg. 1960):

Date of Birth:

Day of Week:

This free script provided by
JavaScript Kit

PARTY PUZZLE

Click to Mix and Solve

Well, here I am - this is me, Sherry

Well, here I am - this is me, Sherry

Valentines Swap- video made by Graham Neale from Kirkcaldy, Scotland

In Your Eyes-- Only Sadness by Abby Kaplan

Swaps for 2008

2008 swaps updated

2008 Swaps cont...., Things I Participated In and Awards

Photobucket

Let's Give Each Other a Make Over! Click on Me & I'll Take you There!

Blog Archive

Labels

My spirit is craving to take me here - a quiet tranquil place!

My spirit is craving to take me here - a quiet tranquil place!
I would love to get away and just find me. Find my artistic side and just be able to let my spirit go!

Personality Test

You Are 9: The Peacemaker
You are emotionally stable and willing to find common ground with others. Your friends and family often look to you to be the mediator when there is conflict. You are easy going and accepting. You take things as they come. Avoiding conflict at all costs, you're content when things are calm. At Your Best: You feel connected, trusting, and fulfilled. You feel at peace with your place in the world. At Your Worst: You compromise your values to make sure peace is maintained. You give in to bullies. Your Fixation: Harmony Your Primary Fear: Causing conflict Your Primary Desire: To preserve things as they are Other Number 9's: Marge Simpson, Ronald Reagan, Audrey Hepburn, Jerry Seinfeld, and Abraham Lincoln.