Thursday, September 11, 2008

My Featured Guest and Don't Forget 9/11

My Featured Guest today is Dianne from Dianne's Ramblings On. I don't even know where to begin. Dianne does so many different things. I absolutely love her photography. I had a really hard time choosing which photos to post. They are all so beautiful!! I love the colors of this flower and the fact that she caught the bee on the flower. Isn't it gorgeous!?!?


Here is another one of Dianne's photo's.
I want to be a photographer when I grow up!

Dianne also makes some beautiful collages and ATC's. She also stitches and does some other crafting. I picked a few of her ATC's to show you and boy was it ever a tough choice!!

I love this one because I think little girls look so cute all dressed up!

Dianne used real seashells on this piece. I love the photo.
She looks so relaxed and like she doesn't have a worry in the world!



Jefferson is suppose to look like he is standing behind his words in this ATC.
I think that is so cool!


I think this is an actual photo of Dianne and her husband.
Please correct me if I'm wrong Dianne!


The little Dutch girls are so cute with their little bonnets.

This is a new ATC that Dianne made. She likes the moon and this picture is really neat.
I love the owl in the background!

Dianne did a beautiful collage for the Wizard of Oz Swap. When you go to her blog be sure and click on the link to Dianne's flickr photostream page and check out all of her wonderful pieces of art and her amazing photography. You will feel like you are in flower heaven!!

Also, we had two more ladies join the party!! Paula from Paula's Palace of AltAred Art and Rosie from Altered (T)art and Stuff. Please make sure and stop by to say Hello to them! I finally finished up the order I had and now I can become an active party member again!! I will be visiting everyone's blog throughout the day to see what I've missed and ............catching up with my much neglected housework and swaps.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!


**********************************************************************

Please remember the 2,974 people that died, and the 24 missing and presumed dead, in the attacks on September 11, 2001. Please remember the families of the victims. Please remember the volunteers that saw things no human should ever have to see.


Do you remember what you were doing when you first heard about the terrorist attacks??

I remember what I was doing. I was about a block away from my daughters Elementary school getting ready to drop her off. I remember feeling the adrenaline start rushing through my body. We had just moved and we were getting cable that day. I listened to the radio feeling literally sick and then once we got cable I was horrified and almost numb. I will never forget the feeling that I had that terrible day.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dianne's stuff IS beautiful!
When I heard about the 9/11 attacks, I saw it on the TV while getting the kids up for school. I remember being confused at first because this sort of thing never happened before. then after a minute my brain realized it wasn't a joke and I got scared. I started worying about everything. around that time (I think a couple days later) my dad was having open heart surgery and I remember everyone in the waiting room being glued to the TV.
Missy

Polka Dot Moon said...

What a talented lady Dianne is! Her work is beautiful.

I was reading some of my daily blog reads and "Seeding Everyday Beauty & Velvet Strawberries" had a song I'd never heard of to which brought tears to my eyes.
Here is the link to Alan Jackson's song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvj6zdWLUuk

May God Bless all the men and women that serve this beautiful country!

Anonymous said...

Dianne's work is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

Dawn said...

Hi sherry
Wow you have the best guest designers - so talented!
Thinking of you all on this day of tradgedy...


Hugs
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Hi Sherry and gang!
This is one of the nicest things anyone has done for me. : )
I so flattered, thanks so much for your kind words (everyone), especially on this most difficult day of remembrance. Living in the middle of all that (I live two hours from NYC and DC and about 3-4+ hours from the PA location) really left me in an emotional tailspin for months. I still can't believe all those people lost their lives in one day.
Today my mom had cataract surgery on her right eye. The cataract was so bad (hard),the doctor had to do it the old-fashioned way without use of laser, She said she felt the needle and all, but I think she would have jumped out of the chair. Say some prayers for her as she's rather blue tonight. I am sure she'll be happy when she can see like a 20 yr old again.
Again, thanks for the bottom of my heart.
PS-many of the ATCs you featured were given away.

Anonymous said...

I forgot! That is our engagement photo from Nov. 82. : )
And welcome to the new party gals!

Barbara Hagerty said...

Those are some gorgeous photos!! Thanks for sharing them!

I don't remember what I was doing when I heard the 9/11 news, I just remember that my DH walked into the room and told me to turn on the TV, and he said that we had just been attacked. The kids were old enough to understand, but not ready for it emotionally...as if any of us were..., so we spent the day together, watching the news and talking with each other and just staying close.

My DIL made this up using the pictures of my 5 oldest boys. So funny!

Personalize funny videos and birthday eCards at JibJab!

All 8 of my kids

All 8 of my kids

My 6 Grandkids

My 6 Grandkids

Me, Earl, My daughter-in-laws, son-in-law, kids & grandkids

Me, Earl, My daughter-in-laws, son-in-law, kids & grandkids

The Whole Family

Use This Calculator and the Math Problem to Find Your Birthday

Calculator Code





This free script provided by
JavaScript Kit

Birthday Calculator............................................................ You can try this trick on the calculator, but it will also work with a pen and paper......... (With this calculator, you have to hit the equal (=) sign after each operation.)................................... Enter the number of the month of the birthday.......... Multiply that number by 5............ Add 6............ Multiply by 4........... Add 9............ Multiply by 5......... Add the number of the day of the birthday.............. Subtract 165......... The result will show the first one or two numbers as the month and the last two numbers is the day of their birthday.

On what day of the week were you born?

Enter your birthday

(then hit the "Update" button):

Numeric Month (1-12):

Day of Month (1-31):

Year (eg. 1960):

Date of Birth:

Day of Week:

This free script provided by
JavaScript Kit

PARTY PUZZLE

Click to Mix and Solve

Well, here I am - this is me, Sherry

Well, here I am - this is me, Sherry

Valentines Swap- video made by Graham Neale from Kirkcaldy, Scotland

In Your Eyes-- Only Sadness by Abby Kaplan

Swaps for 2008

2008 swaps updated

2008 Swaps cont...., Things I Participated In and Awards

Photobucket

Let's Give Each Other a Make Over! Click on Me & I'll Take you There!

Blog Archive

Labels

My spirit is craving to take me here - a quiet tranquil place!

My spirit is craving to take me here - a quiet tranquil place!
I would love to get away and just find me. Find my artistic side and just be able to let my spirit go!

Personality Test

You Are 9: The Peacemaker
You are emotionally stable and willing to find common ground with others. Your friends and family often look to you to be the mediator when there is conflict. You are easy going and accepting. You take things as they come. Avoiding conflict at all costs, you're content when things are calm. At Your Best: You feel connected, trusting, and fulfilled. You feel at peace with your place in the world. At Your Worst: You compromise your values to make sure peace is maintained. You give in to bullies. Your Fixation: Harmony Your Primary Fear: Causing conflict Your Primary Desire: To preserve things as they are Other Number 9's: Marge Simpson, Ronald Reagan, Audrey Hepburn, Jerry Seinfeld, and Abraham Lincoln.