Monday, October 20, 2008

I Broke Down!

Jack Frost has struck again!


We had our third night of temperatures in the low 30's. I woke up this morning so cold and my bones felt like they're shivering.................... so I broke down.................. and turned on the heat.
I only turned on the heat for the lower part of our home though and only to 60 degrees. (We have 5 levels, with 1 room on each level, except upstairs we have 2 bedrooms on each of the 2 upper levels)

Jace is in a stage where he will not wear clothes. He only wants to wear his "big boy underwears" since he started potty training. I know he has to be freezing!! Earl said he started to turn the heat on early this morning but decided against doing it without asking me first. You'd think he is scared I'd get upset about it or something!?!? Surely I'm not that bad!! No, I wouldn't have gotten mad. I just don't like the house super warm. It's hard to breathe and it just costs way to much money, but I do hate to be cold!


My dad would probably die if he heard me say this because I can remember a young girl who came home from school a couple of times and was freezing and thought she would warm herself up by turning up the thermostat. The only thing is this girl turned it up to like, a 100 degrees, and then forgot about it. When her Daddy came home a couple of hours later to a HOT house he wasn't very happy with the young girl. There were 4 girls in the house............ so it must of been one of the other 3. wink! wink!

This is NOT a picture of my dad! It's just an image I borrowed.

Have a wonderful day!! I'm off to finish more swaps!


What are you all up to today? Is it cold where you are?? If not, I'm extremely jealous!!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

hello again your name was above mine in an autum swap. I e-ed you to get mailing address.
So if you could please e me at
bagsforbrent@yahoo.com so I can send you your swap. I don't want you to think I flaked on it!
thanks
Katrina in AZ

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Sherry
So you relented and turned up the heat? I don't blame you. I hate being cold. It's still really windy here and we have the heating on at the moment. We have only had one frost so for this year.
I have been at work today and am just about to start cooking an evening meal.
Lindsay
PS I have book tagged you on my blog.

Beth said...

Actually - it is warmer her than yesterday but we did have frost on the cars this morning. I wonder if fall is going to be short. Seems like the weather wants to jump right into winter! I'll think warm thoughts for you, Beth

Dawn said...

Oh my gosh Sherry!
The low 30's would be brilliant try the low 15's!! LOL
Yup winter is fast approaching and my heating is now on timer only put it on about 2 weeks ago but that will be it now until it gets warmer.
The wind is howling today and battering off my window - it's worse here because I look out over the bay and it gets pretty wild.

Unknown said...

Steve turned our heat on over the weekend because Sophia was sick and freezing. We keep our temperatures pretty low too - I wonder who instilled that in us?
Love you - Cathy

Jessica Rodarte said...

whoa, whoa, whoa... you set it at 60 to warm up the house?! geez louise. how cold is it??!! it's still so hot here in ca. don't be jealous sherry because i would rather be cold! i'm jealous! isn't that always the way it goes? ;)

KatCollects said...

I have had to turn ours on a few times already, it has been in the 50's during the day and 40's at night. Put on some warm slippers and a hat : )
Kathy

My DIL made this up using the pictures of my 5 oldest boys. So funny!

Personalize funny videos and birthday eCards at JibJab!

All 8 of my kids

All 8 of my kids

My 6 Grandkids

My 6 Grandkids

Me, Earl, My daughter-in-laws, son-in-law, kids & grandkids

Me, Earl, My daughter-in-laws, son-in-law, kids & grandkids

The Whole Family

Use This Calculator and the Math Problem to Find Your Birthday

Calculator Code





This free script provided by
JavaScript Kit

Birthday Calculator............................................................ You can try this trick on the calculator, but it will also work with a pen and paper......... (With this calculator, you have to hit the equal (=) sign after each operation.)................................... Enter the number of the month of the birthday.......... Multiply that number by 5............ Add 6............ Multiply by 4........... Add 9............ Multiply by 5......... Add the number of the day of the birthday.............. Subtract 165......... The result will show the first one or two numbers as the month and the last two numbers is the day of their birthday.

On what day of the week were you born?

Enter your birthday

(then hit the "Update" button):

Numeric Month (1-12):

Day of Month (1-31):

Year (eg. 1960):

Date of Birth:

Day of Week:

This free script provided by
JavaScript Kit

PARTY PUZZLE

Click to Mix and Solve

Well, here I am - this is me, Sherry

Well, here I am - this is me, Sherry

Valentines Swap- video made by Graham Neale from Kirkcaldy, Scotland

In Your Eyes-- Only Sadness by Abby Kaplan

Swaps for 2008

2008 swaps updated

2008 Swaps cont...., Things I Participated In and Awards

Photobucket

Let's Give Each Other a Make Over! Click on Me & I'll Take you There!

Blog Archive

Labels

My spirit is craving to take me here - a quiet tranquil place!

My spirit is craving to take me here - a quiet tranquil place!
I would love to get away and just find me. Find my artistic side and just be able to let my spirit go!

Personality Test

You Are 9: The Peacemaker
You are emotionally stable and willing to find common ground with others. Your friends and family often look to you to be the mediator when there is conflict. You are easy going and accepting. You take things as they come. Avoiding conflict at all costs, you're content when things are calm. At Your Best: You feel connected, trusting, and fulfilled. You feel at peace with your place in the world. At Your Worst: You compromise your values to make sure peace is maintained. You give in to bullies. Your Fixation: Harmony Your Primary Fear: Causing conflict Your Primary Desire: To preserve things as they are Other Number 9's: Marge Simpson, Ronald Reagan, Audrey Hepburn, Jerry Seinfeld, and Abraham Lincoln.