Saturday, June 6, 2009

Annie Dolls and a Picture of Our New Little Doll

I've never made a doll before, but I have always wanted to, so when I saw Aunt Pitty Pat's Sugar and Spice Annie Doll Swap I thought I'd give it a shot. I'm so glad I did! I found out that Marcel (Aunt Pitty Pat) is from my home town, Wichita, Kansas and I met a wonderful new friend through this swap, my partner, Valerie. Valerie had never made a doll before either so this was a tense but exciting swap for both of us!


This is the cute little doll that Valerie made for me. She is so cute!!! Her dress has beehives on it and then the little apron has a dragonfly button sewn on. Her red hair is pulled back on the top and tied with a ribbon. She is so cute!! I love her big eyes too!



Val also sent me a kit to make a different doll and a pincushion out of my all time favorite cowboy fabric. Val's 14 year old grand daughter has caught the Annie bug and is making her own doll. I can't wait to see it when she's done!


This is the doll that I made for Val. I wasn't to sure about the hair so I decided to put it up in rag curls and then made a nightie and a robe for her. I tea stained her and decided she was to dark so I put her in the washing machine (not really the best idea on retrospect!) and then I had to redo some of the paint on her face and all of her rag curls. Her neck got a little crease in it from washing her, but all in all I was happy with her.



Then my Ezie was home sick one day and I was working on Val's doll. He wanted me to make him a doll and I told him later after I finished this one I would try to make a boy doll. Then Ezie comes out of my craft room with some WWE fabric that I had bought to make him a pillowcase and had an idea for me to make a boy doll for him. He said he would stuff it if I would sew it for him. How could I resist?? So this is not the cutest doll, but Ezie loves it and who am I to discourage creativity?!?!?

I hope Triple H doesn't mind being made into a rag doll!




This is the newest Grand baby, Jesse II with my son, Jesse



I've had my grand daughters since Thursday night. Last night at 9:00 my two, the neighbor girl and my grand daughters had a picnic in the driveway. They were outside or on the computer playing all day yesterday and we only had one or two little spats. Not to bad!

Thanks Marcel for hosting the Annie Swap and encouraging me to join and thanks Val for the cutest little Annie doll!! I really love her!

8 comments:

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Sherry
Both dolls are absolutely adorable. You both did great with the swap. I can't believe you both never made a doll before. You really should make some for your etsy shop. I love the cute hair in rags and the bathrobe of your doll and the sweet apron and wavy red hair of Valerie's doll. I want to go make a doll right now!
Thanks for sharing your creativity in this fun swap.
Your new grandbaby is beautiful.
Hope you are having a good Saturday.
Lindsay

AwtemNymf said...

Sherry- all the dolls are adorable! I love your idea of curls and a robe. Thats me in the morning (I have naturally curly hair) before I had my cuppa tea or coffee *lol* You did great on your 1st Annie. And the one you made your son is awesome! OOAK for sure! Cute that he went and got the fabric for you! I couldn't say No either if I was approached with a cute face! Hugs!!

AwtemNymf said...

ps- are you hooked yet?? *winks*

Quiltingranny said...

Another blessing from the Lord, Sherry, he is beautiful! I love the boy doll, how fun for Ezie!
Send me your real addy so I can mail your candle!

Val said...

Oh I love my doll that you sent me. She is just beautiful. She is sitting right here on my night stand. My grandaughter says we have to make her a bed. Sounds like a good idea to me. I have not got to post about your doll yet but the next post will be about the New York girl going to Georgia! Thank you is not enough.

Val said...

Oh yes, the baby is beautiful and that little doll you made for Ezie! Congrats on the new grandbaby!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

The doll you made was so cute! You are talented and good at everything you try. Your new grandbaby is a doll, too! Twyla

Unknown said...

All the dolls, including the real new one are just gorgeous....I love the little robe on yours and the rag curls...so cute and you are so talented!

My DIL made this up using the pictures of my 5 oldest boys. So funny!

Personalize funny videos and birthday eCards at JibJab!

All 8 of my kids

All 8 of my kids

My 6 Grandkids

My 6 Grandkids

Me, Earl, My daughter-in-laws, son-in-law, kids & grandkids

Me, Earl, My daughter-in-laws, son-in-law, kids & grandkids

The Whole Family

Use This Calculator and the Math Problem to Find Your Birthday

Calculator Code





This free script provided by
JavaScript Kit

Birthday Calculator............................................................ You can try this trick on the calculator, but it will also work with a pen and paper......... (With this calculator, you have to hit the equal (=) sign after each operation.)................................... Enter the number of the month of the birthday.......... Multiply that number by 5............ Add 6............ Multiply by 4........... Add 9............ Multiply by 5......... Add the number of the day of the birthday.............. Subtract 165......... The result will show the first one or two numbers as the month and the last two numbers is the day of their birthday.

On what day of the week were you born?

Enter your birthday

(then hit the "Update" button):

Numeric Month (1-12):

Day of Month (1-31):

Year (eg. 1960):

Date of Birth:

Day of Week:

This free script provided by
JavaScript Kit

PARTY PUZZLE

Click to Mix and Solve

Well, here I am - this is me, Sherry

Well, here I am - this is me, Sherry

Valentines Swap- video made by Graham Neale from Kirkcaldy, Scotland

In Your Eyes-- Only Sadness by Abby Kaplan

Swaps for 2008

2008 swaps updated

2008 Swaps cont...., Things I Participated In and Awards

Photobucket

Let's Give Each Other a Make Over! Click on Me & I'll Take you There!

Blog Archive

Labels

My spirit is craving to take me here - a quiet tranquil place!

My spirit is craving to take me here - a quiet tranquil place!
I would love to get away and just find me. Find my artistic side and just be able to let my spirit go!

Personality Test

You Are 9: The Peacemaker
You are emotionally stable and willing to find common ground with others. Your friends and family often look to you to be the mediator when there is conflict. You are easy going and accepting. You take things as they come. Avoiding conflict at all costs, you're content when things are calm. At Your Best: You feel connected, trusting, and fulfilled. You feel at peace with your place in the world. At Your Worst: You compromise your values to make sure peace is maintained. You give in to bullies. Your Fixation: Harmony Your Primary Fear: Causing conflict Your Primary Desire: To preserve things as they are Other Number 9's: Marge Simpson, Ronald Reagan, Audrey Hepburn, Jerry Seinfeld, and Abraham Lincoln.