Saturday, July 4, 2009

I Just Love My Kids!

We live about 5 minutes from Albany where they have a huge fireworks display every year, but since we only have the pickup truck and we can't all fit in it, we couldn't go to see the fireworks. Mallory was really disappointed at first..........and then we all decided to make the best of what we had. We stood on the sidewalk and watched a few of the fireworks from the distance but that wasn't to much fun. So then we got out the 2 packages of glow sticks I had bought at Michael's a couple of months ago and the kids had a blast with them. There was about 20 glow sticks in a variety of colors and all 3 kids got a handful and they would throw them up in the air at the same time and pretend they were fireworks. We made circles out of the glow sticks and rolled them across the driveway. We had more fun with those stupid glow sticks!


Mallory jumped roped and even got me in on the act.

I made it threw the poem and then up to 19.

My heart was definitely beating after that!


Jace used his imagination and his glow sticks were a steering wheel, a guitar, a sword and I can't remember what else.


Ezie got pretty silly with his glow sticks!



and even Daddy joined in on the fun!


We sat in the backyard and ate, looked at the full moon with the black sky and clouds surrounding it, jumped rope, played a little basketball, chased each other with glow sticks and just had so much fun spending time together and playing around. Then when the neighbors came home Mallory showed them how we made fireworks with the glow sticks and they joined in too. The kids rode bikes and then the kids jumped rope while us adults twirled the rope. They said they had more fun with us then they did at the actual fireworks. Finally at 11:00 we came in.


I love how adaptable my kids are and how they can make the most out of a situation. I hope everyone had as great of 4th as we did!!!

4 comments:

Amber said...

Who woulda thought that $3 worth of glow sticks would provide more fun than a professional fireworks display?? Money well spent!!!

Val said...

Sounds like a great Fourth to me! Your children are beautiful! I love the idea of keeping it simple. It sounds like a blast!

Val said...

Hey Sherry! Its me again. Go check out my blog!!! This is for both of us!!!

Polka Dot Moon said...

Love the pictures! Everyone looks like they had a great time :)

My DIL made this up using the pictures of my 5 oldest boys. So funny!

Personalize funny videos and birthday eCards at JibJab!

All 8 of my kids

All 8 of my kids

My 6 Grandkids

My 6 Grandkids

Me, Earl, My daughter-in-laws, son-in-law, kids & grandkids

Me, Earl, My daughter-in-laws, son-in-law, kids & grandkids

The Whole Family

Use This Calculator and the Math Problem to Find Your Birthday

Calculator Code





This free script provided by
JavaScript Kit

Birthday Calculator............................................................ You can try this trick on the calculator, but it will also work with a pen and paper......... (With this calculator, you have to hit the equal (=) sign after each operation.)................................... Enter the number of the month of the birthday.......... Multiply that number by 5............ Add 6............ Multiply by 4........... Add 9............ Multiply by 5......... Add the number of the day of the birthday.............. Subtract 165......... The result will show the first one or two numbers as the month and the last two numbers is the day of their birthday.

On what day of the week were you born?

Enter your birthday

(then hit the "Update" button):

Numeric Month (1-12):

Day of Month (1-31):

Year (eg. 1960):

Date of Birth:

Day of Week:

This free script provided by
JavaScript Kit

PARTY PUZZLE

Click to Mix and Solve

Well, here I am - this is me, Sherry

Well, here I am - this is me, Sherry

Valentines Swap- video made by Graham Neale from Kirkcaldy, Scotland

In Your Eyes-- Only Sadness by Abby Kaplan

Swaps for 2008

2008 swaps updated

2008 Swaps cont...., Things I Participated In and Awards

Photobucket

Let's Give Each Other a Make Over! Click on Me & I'll Take you There!

Blog Archive

Labels

My spirit is craving to take me here - a quiet tranquil place!

My spirit is craving to take me here - a quiet tranquil place!
I would love to get away and just find me. Find my artistic side and just be able to let my spirit go!

Personality Test

You Are 9: The Peacemaker
You are emotionally stable and willing to find common ground with others. Your friends and family often look to you to be the mediator when there is conflict. You are easy going and accepting. You take things as they come. Avoiding conflict at all costs, you're content when things are calm. At Your Best: You feel connected, trusting, and fulfilled. You feel at peace with your place in the world. At Your Worst: You compromise your values to make sure peace is maintained. You give in to bullies. Your Fixation: Harmony Your Primary Fear: Causing conflict Your Primary Desire: To preserve things as they are Other Number 9's: Marge Simpson, Ronald Reagan, Audrey Hepburn, Jerry Seinfeld, and Abraham Lincoln.